Block bypass!


You, business executive, do you need bypass treatment and will your heart withstand it?

You get the point exactly right? I'm talking about the most important thing, how many customer interactions are taking place in your business in different locations and channels that don’t leave any trace. Many think they're okay, even though the bypass rate is over 80%. At worst, the bypass rate is almost 100%.

The need for bypass treatment when left for a long time is extremely dangerous and will turn even the strongest bluish. It will lead to oxygen deficiency and dysfunction, at worst even to death.

I'm happy to tell you that there are effective bypass medicines, and if properly managed, the company can create a good competitive advantage in the long run.

Experience shows that even a well-functioning CRM system knows only 20-30 percent of customer encounters, but usually there is a much smaller share of knowledge.

Another place where traces (information) can be found are in customer service systems. A typical Contact Center handles 5-20 percent of all those contacting of the business. Depending on how well things are organized in the Contact Center, customer-specific traces are between 0 and 80 percent of the events. In many companies customer service is still dealing with ticketing - not with the customers. It may also be that, even though customer authentication exists, it is separate from other business activities. Information about communication with customers is not available to the entire company.

A good and easy test question that the business executive could ask from their organization is: show me what we have done today with different customers. If you really know, it's easy for you to breathe. If this is not the case, should the alarm bells ring?

Many companies talk about customer experience and 360 degree visibility for their customer relationships. However, these same companies operate siloed systems, meaning that there is no trace of communications from phone conversations to CRM or Contact Center unless they are manually registered there. With this kind of model, there is a great risk of lacking comprehensive information about the status of customer relationships.

I recently heard a concrete example from one rather large corporation whose CEO told me that they are getting rid of siloes within a year in the organization. Regarding communications, this was supposed to be solved by acquiring a Contact Center as the mobile PBX couldn’t meet their needs. From the view point of the organization, the mobile PBX was just fine while it worked reasonably and it was pretty cheap. When analyzing the number of contacts it was shown that the Contact Center was handling 12 percent of contacting the business and the rest of the company the remaining 88 percent of contact. This 88 percent did not leave any trace of these customer encounters unless each person personally wrote notes on CRM. This is probably not working in any company. Fortunately, the company pulled up the handbrake and began to rethink the goal set by executives of the company.

Unified, unbroken customer Information from all communication channels is worth its weight in gold for companies. Based on unified information, actions can be managed, the effectiveness of measures can be analyzed to select the best actions to fit customer groups and channels.

We still receive inquiries from companies and consultants that may have up to hundreds of questions relating to the details of the phone system, but not a single line about business goals or how the goals are going to be accomplished.

The questions asked in inquiries hardly ever include topics such as, how we intend to improve the client's experience as a supplier or how we can support management with concrete business information. Dear Customers: We truly believe that these are considerably more important issues than, for example, how many members can be in a service pool (our answer is: unlimited).

Medicines for the bypass are existing but may not be found where they have been traditionally searched for. What if the best before date of the traditional medicines has expired years ago?

If you feel the symptoms, we can help!


Writer Jarmo Purontaus is the CEO of Benemen Finland